Martians! By now, you have heard the MARvelous news. My TV series, “Life on Mar’s: The Home Makeover Show” has been noMARnated for two Emmys – and this is just season ONE! It truly is an honor, and it could not have happened without all of you and the best darn team in the universe.
While I do a little professional reconnaissance in Palm Beach, I am taking some time to enjoy my birthday as well. It can be difficult to find the time to turn off and tune in, but it is necessary. Taking time out gives my thoughts space for creativity to blossom. That is a truly sMARt tip.
Today is not just my birthday – it is also the day some other cool things happened. Did you know that “The Sound of Music” was the number one movie and “Game of Love” by Wayne Fontana and the Mindbenders was the number one song on the day I was born? News to me too! And importantly for those of us who worship Mother Nature, this is Earth Day. The first of which was recognized in 1970.
While we are endeavoring on trivial pursuits, here is a bit of Emmy trivia:
- The Emmy statuette is holding an atom
- A TV engineer designed the statue and used his wife as the model
- Each Emmy statuette weighs six pounds 12.5 ounces
- The original name of the Emmys was the Immys
- The Immy was named for a special camera tube known as an immy
- The Emmy statuette must always appear facing left
- The first Emmy winner was 20 years old and a ventriloquist
- The yellow line (known as First and 10) shown on NFL football games won two Emmys
- The Sony’s original video game Dual Shock Analog Controller and Nintendo’s NES/Famicon controller won Emmys
- The Academy Awards have won the most Emmys ever
I hope you are enjoying today as much as I am, and that you learned a few fun facts that made you say, “Wow, I never knew that!” MARk this important date on your calendar: “Life on Mar’s: The Home Makeover Show” presents a brand new episode this Saturday, 2 p.m. on channel 8, WTNH. Do not forget to tune in. There is a lot to see and learn from these incredible room transformations.
MARtians, you are the best, and do not forget to keep it casual!