Happy Friday MARtians!
I hope this particular Friday has you in great post-holiday spirits and ready for the New Year! I know I am very ready for the calendar to flip a page. My, hasn’t 2016 been a bit of a pill? In that spirit, I’d love to share the top ten things I’ll be happy to see the back end of from this pesky year.
10. Nonstop election coverage. “÷Nuff said.
9. Death of every celebrity I’ve ever loved. Carrie Fisher and now her mother darn it?
8. The last of the home/kitchen renovation. I am so glad to have a functioning home again – no dust in the air, no noise, no craftsmen, just the normal routine.
7. All that junk I got rid of during the great pre-Christmas purge of 2016
6. My old iPhone that simply would not keep a charge. I was sick of the extra battery I had to tote around with it.
5. My Fitbit that I just don’t seem to use it, plus it keeps getting wet and shorting out.
4. The Toblerone candy bar controversy. What shape will win out? Will it be the old-school triangular bar, or a flat boring traditional bar? Who cares?
3. Hearing the word “Brexit.” Ugh. Just, ugh.
2. The wait for “Star Wars: Rogue One” to come out in theaters! Huzzah!
And finally, the last of my top 10 things I’ll be more than pleased to be done with from 2016 “_ (Drum Roll Please!)
#1! All that sugary junk food around the house! Look, I love a treat every now and again, but this has been just ridiculous. From the cookie parties to the trays of fruitcake, bonbons and more – I’ve had it. I’m looking forward to eating some greens and getting back to a more normal food atmosphere!