Kerry Brock is a mother and a fabulous cook who also happens to be the wife of NBC Newsman John Seigenthaler. Her recipe — something she calls her trademark “Brock Choy” uses Asian greens. I look forward to other great recipes from Kerry. In the meantime, you’re going to love this one!
1. Mix together and set aside:
– 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
– 1/2 cup olive oil
– 1/2 cup white sugar
– 1 tablespoon soy sauce
2. Melt in skillet:
– 1/4 cup butter
3. Add to melted butter:
– 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodle pasta, crushed
– 1/4 cup slivered almonds
– 1/4 cup sesame seeds
4. Chop in _ inch ribbons and add to a large bowl:
– 1 medium head bok choy (white part included)
– 1 medium head Napa cabbage
5. Just before serving toss with noodle mixture and dressing.
Option: Toss in grilled chicken or shrimp for a great entree. Sliced tenderloin works too!
And there you have it.